Civil War Soldier 1/4 Tintype Photo, Tinted & Painted Uniform, Tax Stamp NY INF
Original tintype of a soldier standing next to a small table and light reflecting screen. Tinted blue pants, painted gold buttons and corps badge? This tintype was in an album right next to Sergeant William Orr, 153rd NY Volunteer Infantry CDV, so it's possible this soldier was in the same regiment, or possibly even one of William's brothers.
William's CDV is available in another listing. Quarter-plate, 4 1/8" x 3" with cancelled 5 cent revenue stamp on the back.
Excellent antique condition with NO BENDS, light surface wear. This item is in the category "Collectibles\Photographic Images\Photographs". The seller is "jack_mord" and is located in this country: US. This item can be shipped to United States.
- Unit of Sale: Single Piece
- Antique: Yes
- Image Orientation: Portrait
- Date of Creation: 1860-1869
- Original/Licensed Reprint: Original
- Subject: Military, Civil War, California, Western
- Type: Photograph
- Year of Production: 1860
- Format: Tintype
- Original/Reprint: Original Print
- Number of Photographs: 2
- Theme: Conflicts & Wars, Militaria, Civil War
- Time Period Manufactured: Vintage & Antique (Pre-1940)
- Production Technique: Tintype
- Country/Region of Manufacture: United States